JLHS students have numerous chances to take the ACT this year.
We want to make sure everyone is aware of when the tests are available here at Jayhawk-Linn and when your student might need, or want, to take it.
The next Saturday test will administered at JAYHAWK LINN on December 14, 2019. Registration for this test must be completed at www.act.org by midnight on Friday, November 8. If you miss that deadline, you can still register by November 22, but you will have to pay a late fee. The normal price is $52 and the late charge is an additional $30. There is a fee waiver for those who are on free/reduced lunch that can be used twice during a student’s high school career. If you would like more information on this, please contact Mr. Brett Kramer- email@example.com; 913-795-2224.
WHO SHOULD CONSIDER TAKING THE ACT IN DECEMBER?
- Seniors may want to take the ACT once more in order to get a better score for colleges and scholarships.
- Sophomores who are currently in Algebra 2 might want to take it as they will need a score on file in order to take College Algebra next year.
- Any junior who is wanting to take a college class next semester/year may want to take it; however, these students will be able to take a FREE ACT in February. They just need to see Mr. Kramer by December 1, 2019, in order to sign up for that- DO NOT REGISTER on www.act.org for that test.
HOW CAN MY STUDENT PREP FOR THE ACT?
Beginning in November, we will be offering a “study time” for the ACT during Hawk Time. Mr. Holt, Mr. Spencer, and Mrs. White will be offering preparatory sessions for each test once a month. Students may also sign up for ACT Academy and get study material during this time. Students will be able to take diagnostic tests to see where they are or can input scores if they have already taken an ACT.
Other ACT preparatory opportunities include the following:
- ACT ACADEMY: https://academy.act.org/
- Practice Questions: http://www.actstudent.org/samp...
- Free/Fun ACT Prep: http://www.prepfactory.com/
- ACT Question of the Day: http://www.actstudent.org/qotd...
- Does my College/University Require the Writing Test: https://actapps.act.org/writPr...
- ACT Power Prep Class- Wednesday, January 29 from 10:00-2:45 at JLHS- See Mr. Kramer, Mrs. Batcheler, Mrs. Gentry, Mr. Stults, or Mr. Spencer for a registration form
- XELLO: Method Prep: Just log into Xello through Powerschool and then click on Method Test Prep (bottom right hand corner)- 20 weeks worth of prep.